Xerox and Thinfilm have joined the NFC Forum as principal members. Nine companies have joined as associate members — Allion, Amotech, DigiCert, Ixxi, Korea Smart Card Co, PLDS, Seiko Epson, TrustPoint Innovation Technologies and TUV Rheinland. A further ten companies have joined as implementer members: AK Stamping, BMW, Elatec, NEC Tokin, Prestigio, Shanghai Fudan Microelectronics, Silicon Craft Technology, Sino-American Electronics (SAC), Sonim and Yulong.
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday