NXP is demonstrating two reference designs that combine Qi wireless charging and NFC functionality at MWC 14. “The next generation of Qi wireless charging pads with NFC will enable users to stream music to their Bluetooth speakers and deliver useful content to their mobile devices as they are charging — all the while economizing on overall power consumption,” says NXP’s Rick Dumont.
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than seven years old