The global market for NFC handsets is projected to reach 1.6bn units by 2018, according to a new research report from Global Industry Analysts, “driven by growing penetration of mobile phones, continued rise in demand and production of smartphones, rising penetration of NFC in consumer devices, and chip level technology developments.”
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than seven years old