Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- Apple leverages NFC to deliver exclusive rewards to Apple Watch gym users
- Sicilian farmers use NFC to let consumers verify the authenticity of premium blood oranges
- Real-time video shows Cilab’s high-speed NFC tester in action
- NFC Forum releases four new specifications
- Fifteen US universities to add student IDs to Google Pay