Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
- JCB, Mizuho Bank and Fujitsu to test blockchain-based identity exchange technology for securing transactions
- Florida to introduce mobile driving licences
This article is more than six years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday