Microsoft’s new Xbox One entertainment system includes support for NFC functionality, via a Marvell Avastar 88W8897 combo chip that also incorporates Bluetooth 4.0 and WiFi, an iFixit teardown of the new console has revealed. Microsoft has not made any announcements regarding the Xbox One’s NFC capabilities and it is not yet clear how or if the computing giant plans to use the technology.
- Canada begins testing national digital ID framework
- EU to report on its investigation into Apple Pay next week?
- NFC testing innovator Cilab opens NFCW Expo showcase
- STMicroelectronics opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Apple rolls out iOS 14 with support for NFC app clips
This article is more than six years old