STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- NFC tag supplier ShopNFC opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klang2 launches music memory game with NFC
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
- Thailand tests NFC wristbands for tracking Covid-19 patients and at-risk groups
- HID Global opens NFCW Expo showcase
This article is more than six years old