STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
- Apple seeks NFC digital identity patent
This article is more than seven years old