STMicroelectronics has introduced the ST33G1M2, a secure microcontroller that can be used as an NFC secure element, either embedded into a mobile device or integrated into a SIM. “With its unique combination of support for NFC UICC and eSE applications and the entire Mifare portfolio, plus enhanced connectivity and large on-chip flash memory, this device dramatically extends opportunities for issuers to manage secure access to multiple services using the same card,” says ST’s Laurent Degauque.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than nine years old