Dubai residents will be able to pay taxi fares using a prepaid Smart Nol transit card stored on their NFC SIM from January 2014, the city’s Roads and Transport Authority has announced. Etisalat and Du subscribers have been able to pay via NFC for public transportation since September 2013.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than nine years old