Banking group BAC Credomatic is to run an NFC payments pilot in Costa Rica, El Financiero reports. The increasing use of smartphones across the country, now at 29% of users, has prompted the trial according to the bank. NFC payments for public transport are also being considered for the future.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- NFC-enabled smart bandage aids healing, could detect Covid-19 symptoms, researchers say
- Developers adopt NFC tags to encourage plastic recycling
This article is more than eight years old