More than 11,500 branches of the Post Office in the UK are to be converted to accept contactless payments by October this year, marking the largest rollout of contactless POS terminals in Europe to date. “Contactless will bring huge benefits to our customers by increasing choice and reducing transaction times,” says Lesley Sewell, the Post Office’s CIO.
- MintID protects precious metals with NFC chips
- Paachn adds NFC tags to face masks
- DutchPicks integrates NFC tags into guitar picks
- Real Sociedad to add NFC tags to soccer shirts
- Transact rolls out Android NFC student IDs at 16 US universities
This article is more than eight years old