Visa has added mobile services to its Visa DPS issuer processing platform. The new features, developed by Monitise, allow US financial institutions to offer account holders the ability to monitor account history and balances, transfer funds between accounts and receive near real time transaction alerts on their mobile devices. Additional services including support for NFC payments, mobile check deposit, mobile offers and Visa’s V.me digital wallet are in development.
- Cambridge Consultants combines NFC and machine vision for next generation interactive bar
- American Airlines includes NFC passport reading in mobile app
- Sheep Inc uses NFC tags to let sweater buyers trace their purchase back to the original fleece
- Merivale to let Sydney diners tap table tags to order food and drinks
- Researchers use NFC to power epidermal VR feedback patch