The first commercial NFC service could go live in Brazil by the end of this year, Mustafa Almansur, the GSMA‘s NFC programme leader for Brazil, told RCR Wireless at an NFC event organised by the carriers’ association in São Paulo last week. The first deployment is likely to be a niche service involving a partnership between a single carrier and a single bank, Almansur added.
- Xiaomi lets customers use NFC tags to control their smart home devices
- NFC Forum reports on consumer attitudes and adoption trends across the world
- University of Tennessee reports on NFC campus ID adoption
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday