Australian supermarket giant Woolworths is set to roll out 30,000 contactless payment terminals across more than 3,000 stores in 2012. The move follows a trial where the company saw a 50 to 75% decrease in transaction times compared with non-contactless transactions. Customers will be able to make purchases of up to A$100 without a PIN or signature. Earlier this week, rival Coles Supermarkets said it would also switch to contactless in 2012.
- NFC Forum certifies Cilab for TR13.1 wireless charging testing
- ST provides insight into using NFC tags to enhance consumer experiences
- NFC Forum adds certification for NFC wireless charging
- NP Plastibell adds ultra-miniaturised ST NFC tags to pre-filled syringes
- German luggage brand leverages NFC for product authentication and customer engagement
This article is more than 10 years old