Visitors to the Musei Capitolini in Rome can use their NFC smartphones to scan tags on around 300 art works to get detailed information on each exhibit. Those without NFC enabled phones can borrow one of 200 Samsung Star handsets at no extra charge. Scanning a tag will take the user to a web page on their handset offering the work’s title, artist and other descriptive information.
- UK government includes iPhone NFC passport reading in iOS Brexit app
- Invenco picks Cilab to speed up EMV development and testing
- Kraft Heinz promotes cheese slices with tamper resistant NFC tags
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app