Visitors to the Musei Capitolini in Rome can use their NFC smartphones to scan tags on around 300 art works to get detailed information on each exhibit. Those without NFC enabled phones can borrow one of 200 Samsung Star handsets at no extra charge. Scanning a tag will take the user to a web page on their handset offering the work’s title, artist and other descriptive information.
- Suncorp Stadium reports on NFC event ticketing adoption rates
- NXP combines NFC and UWB for mobile car keys
- CaixaBank uses NFC to let customers check in to flagship bank branch of the future
- Salvation Army adds NFC chips to Red Kettles
- NFC Forum appoints Mike McCamon as its new executive director