Visa Europe is moving to contactless payments for the vending machines in its UK offices after a six month trial conducted with vending specialist Vianet in which a dozen machines recorded more than 10,000 contactless transactions. The machines are fitted with a reader on the front so customers can wave and pay. “We believe that there is a significant opportunity for contactless in the vending industry and we look forward to seeing wider deployment of contactless technology,” commented Visa.
- Singapore adds face verification to national digital ID service
- Austrian gin maker authenticates limited-edition bottles with NFC and blockchain
- NFC tag supplier ShopNFC opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klang2 launches music memory game with NFC
- Marshall University transitions to mobile-only NFC ID cards for staff and students
This article is more than eight years old