Japanese mobile network operator Softbank, card issuer Credit Saison and American Express have teamed up with NFC technology providers Dai Nippon Printing and Gemalto to test SIM-based NFC payments on Android phones. The three month trial sees an NFC version of American Express’ contactless Expresspay service being stored on an NFC SIM issued by Softbank, rather than the embedded secure element used in Google Wallet.
- HID Global launches combo NFC and RFID tags for tracking returnable industrial containers
- NXP launches secure UWB chips for hands-free access control, payments and IoT
- University of New Mexico uses campus ID cards to combat spread of Covid-19
- Shinhan Card introduces iPhone case that lets owners use sounds to make contactless mobile payments
- Maryville University introduces NFC digital IDs
This article is more than eight years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday