Transport ticketing specialist Cubic has received EMV approval for its Tri-Reader 3, which can process all industry standard contactless smart cards as well as payments made with NFC mobile phones. The Tri-Reader 3 is now being used in a 12-month pilot of open loop payments on mass transit in Philadelphia and on London Buses.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than nine years old