A 12 month pilot of the first open loop payment card to be issued by a transportation operator is now underway in the Philadelphia/New Jersey region of the USA. The Patco Wave & Pay Anywhere Visa prepaid cards can be used to make payments at any Visa merchant as well as to purchase tickets to travel on Patco’s transport network.
- NFC Forum spec adds support for extra-small antennas for NFC wireless charging
- Rémy Cointreau uses NFC tags to let purchasers verify ownership of exclusive cognac decanter
- US PPE provider authenticates face masks with NFC
- French fashion house uses NFC to link garments to unique digital NFT assets
- ST launches advisory service for brands looking to adopt NFC
This article is more than 10 years old