New UK consumer research from Intersperience has found that 17% want to use a mobile wallet in the future but 44% are worried about a lack of security software on mobile phones. 24% of people said using a mobile for payment “feels less secure but I don’t know why” and a further 24% are concerned their mobile is more likely to be stolen than their wallet.
- Utah to pilot NFC and QR code-enabled mobile driving licences
- Turkey mandates use of NFC identity checks for remote bank account opening
- Ypsomed leverages NFC to enable remote monitoring of insulin delivery compliance
- NFC-enabled smart bandage aids healing, could detect Covid-19 symptoms, researchers say
- Developers adopt NFC tags to encourage plastic recycling
This article is more than nine years old