Regional government workers in France are taking part in a pilot test of NFC car key technology. Twelve Renault Twingo cars shared by staff in Toulouse have been equipped to allow the vehicles to be booked and located via a mobile phone. The car doors and ignition are also operated via NFC.
- Chinese bike hire service to let customers use an NFC digital currency wallet to pay for their ride
- French government to let citizens scan NFC eID cards to access secure online services
- ST white paper explains how brands can use NFC to add value to their products
- Apple to roll out digital driving licences and IDs in eight US states
- Prada to leverage NFC to authenticate fashion products
This article is more than nine years old