Regional government workers in France are taking part in a pilot test of NFC car key technology. Twelve Renault Twingo cars shared by staff in Toulouse have been equipped to allow the vehicles to be booked and located via a mobile phone. The car doors and ignition are also operated via NFC.
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
- Samsung brings its rotating NFC TV to the UK and USA
- AE Solar combats solar panel counterfeiting with NFC
This article is more than eight years old