Regional government workers in France are taking part in a pilot test of NFC car key technology. Twelve Renault Twingo cars shared by staff in Toulouse have been equipped to allow the vehicles to be booked and located via a mobile phone. The car doors and ignition are also operated via NFC.
- ST launches NFC Type 5 tags with Augmented NDEF for dynamically updated information exchange at longer ranges
- Samsung unveils ultra wideband Smart Tags
- Hyundai to let drivers use their iPhone to unlock their vehicle
- Samsung adds support for UWB and NFC digital car keys
- Vaccine credentials coalition to develop interoperable digital Covid-19 passport
This article is more than nine years old