Regional government workers in France are taking part in a pilot test of NFC car key technology. Twelve Renault Twingo cars shared by staff in Toulouse have been equipped to allow the vehicles to be booked and located via a mobile phone. The car doors and ignition are also operated via NFC.
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
- NFC Forum releases specifications for secure data transfer between NFC devices
- Car Connectivity Consortium to release specification for hands-free Bluetooth and ultra wideband digital keys
- Apple rolls out AirTags for locating and tracking personal items
This article is more than nine years old