Hoeft & Wessel’s Almex e-ticketing system now allows fares to be dynamically calculated and charged after passengers wave their contactless EMV credit card as they board and again as they leave public transport. The NFC-compatible system transacts in under 500ms, is ITSO, VDV-KA and Calypso-compliant and uses CreditCall’s EMVx contactless kernel. UK bus operator First Group is set to be the first customer, with 4,000 systems on order.
- Ticketing agency lets fans buy tickets via NFC App Clips
- Wine company uses NFC to tackle counterfeiting and enhance customer experience
- ANA invites passengers with NFC phones to pilot IATA digital travel pass
- Apple AirTag ‘hack’ indicates dynamic NFC capability
- Chinese firm promotes video game with giant QR code in the sky
This article is more than nine years old