Hoeft & Wessel’s Almex e-ticketing system now allows fares to be dynamically calculated and charged after passengers wave their contactless EMV credit card as they board and again as they leave public transport. The NFC-compatible system transacts in under 500ms, is ITSO, VDV-KA and Calypso-compliant and uses CreditCall’s EMVx contactless kernel. UK bus operator First Group is set to be the first customer, with 4,000 systems on order.
- Germany to begin rollout of open national digital identity service ‘later this year’
- Croatian merchants to leverage NFC for in-store consumer reviews
- Xiaomi picks NXP’s mWallet 2Go to add payments to Mi Smart Band 4
- Apple to let brands and merchants use NFC tags to provide easy access to mini apps
- Apple unveils NFC car keys
This article is more than eight years old