Hoeft & Wessel’s Almex e-ticketing system now allows fares to be dynamically calculated and charged after passengers wave their contactless EMV credit card as they board and again as they leave public transport. The NFC-compatible system transacts in under 500ms, is ITSO, VDV-KA and Calypso-compliant and uses CreditCall’s EMVx contactless kernel. UK bus operator First Group is set to be the first customer, with 4,000 systems on order.
- French government to include NFC passport reading in digital identity app
- NXP updates Android NFC TagWriter app
- McKinsey includes NFC tags in Mall of America technology showcase store
- German government adds iPhone NFC identity card reading to digital ID app
- NXP picks Cilab’s NFC tester to support customers developing EMV 3.0 POS terminals