Hoeft & Wessel’s Almex e-ticketing system now allows fares to be dynamically calculated and charged after passengers wave their contactless EMV credit card as they board and again as they leave public transport. The NFC-compatible system transacts in under 500ms, is ITSO, VDV-KA and Calypso-compliant and uses CreditCall’s EMVx contactless kernel. UK bus operator First Group is set to be the first customer, with 4,000 systems on order.
- NFC digital car keys go live for Android users
- UAE launches blockchain postage stamp with NFC authentication
- Apple delays rollout of digital IDs in Wallet until early 2022
- Researchers use extended-range NFC to develop smart fabric for multiple use cases
- British Standards Institute unveils NFC digital ID system for construction products
This article is more than 10 years old