“We expect to see [NFC] begin to roll out next year with adoption quickly picking up from then on,” Vodafone New Zealand’s Matt East has told The New Zealand Herald. “We are excited by the potential NFC will bring to New Zealand and we believe this will be the way many items are paid for in the future; the potential for use beyond payment is also endless.”
- General Motors to replace car keys with face biometrics?
- ST provides brands with guidance on how best to implement NFC tags
- UK government publishes digital identity framework
- NFC Forum explores the role of NFC in mobility-as-a-service applications
- Accor to let hotel guests access their rooms with their smartphone
This article is more than nine years old