The Nokia Oro is a phone “intended for someone who doesn’t want their mobile device to look the same as other people’s.” The handset, which bears more than a passing resemblance to Nokia’s C7, is gold-plated with a sapphire crystal home key and a fine leather back. The Symbian Anna based device also boasts NFC. The Oro retails at upwards of €800.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Atac brings contactless transit ticketing to Rome
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit