Added by the US network operator Sprint for pre-order in August 2012, the Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE, the handset began shipping on 19 August 2012. The Photon Q is equipped with a 4.3-inch screen, NFC, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard and runs Android 4.0.
- European Central Bank draws up plans for digital euro app for contactless and QR code payments
- Washington Metro lets students add digital transit passes to Apple Wallet via NFC
- Russian banks pilot contactless payment stickers for iPhone users
- Qatar National Bank rolls out contactless biometric payments
- Bangladesh central bank pilots interoperable national QR code payments system