Samsung’s patent shows authenticating users by measuring their blood flow patterns — SamMobile — “The patent describes a method to identify users based on blood flow patterns in their fingers or wrists using sensors in smartphones and smartwatches… According to the patent application, it is possible to authenticate users based on their blood flow patterns as ‘the arterial conduction paths of different users are almost never identical’.”
- Panera Bread installs biometric palm payments devices at US bakery stores
- Apple Pay goes live in South Korea
- MTR begins open loop contactless fare payments rollout in Hong Kong
- Xiaomi files patent for technology supporting contactless QR payments on AR glasses
- Germany to issue contactless monthly passes for unlimited multi-modal travel on transport services nationwide
This article is more than five years old
One comment on this article
Just keep in mind that biometrics are about identity and convenience, not authentication and security. They can be used as an extra form of evidence in a system of strong authentication.
Comments are closed.