Some 415,000 cards were registered to Apple Pay two days after it launched in Taiwan in March 2017, the Financial Supervisory Commission has revealed. Taiwan Mobile Payment Co’s (TWMP) T Wallet+ host card emulation (HCE) service — which launched in August 2016 — “pales in comparison at only 33,000,” The China Post reports. “T Wallet+ actually has double the number of partnering banks in comparison with Apple Pay — the former having 14 and the latter seven.”
- Carrefour integrates its loyalty card with Apple Pay
- Afterpay lets US consumers pay by instalments with their NFC mobile phone
- Card networks begin global Click to Pay rollout
- Apple Pay to add support for QR mobile payments in iOS 14?
- Orange Bank introduces mobile-first debit card in Spain
This article is more than three years old