Apple has acquired RealFace, an Israel-based facial recognition technology startup, in a deal estimated to be “several million dollars,” Israeli financial website Calcalist reports. RealFace uses deep learning to “detect a wide variety of elements in images and recognize faces of people with a fairly high degree of accuracy”.
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
- Israel rolls out vaccine certification app
- Stockholm rolls out contactless ticketing payments
This article is more than four years old