Apple has acquired RealFace, an Israel-based facial recognition technology startup, in a deal estimated to be “several million dollars,” Israeli financial website Calcalist reports. RealFace uses deep learning to “detect a wide variety of elements in images and recognize faces of people with a fairly high degree of accuracy”.
- MTA to expand Omny open loop ticketing to all New York bus services and subway stations
- Bank of America adds face recognition to mobile banking app
- GlobalPlatform reports secure element shipment numbers
- Google details its plan to offer free US bank accounts via Google Pay
- Germany passes law forcing Apple to open up Apple Pay