The contactless spending limit in France will increase from €20 (US$21) to €30 (US$32) at the end of this year. From March 2017, contactless payment terminals will be reconfigured to accept payments up to the new limit and, from October, new bank cards will be issued to consumers. According to French bank card association Groupement des Cartes Bancaires, about 40% of consumers will have their new card with the €30 spending limit by the end of 2018.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts