The contactless spending limit in France will increase from €20 (US$21) to €30 (US$32) at the end of this year. From March 2017, contactless payment terminals will be reconfigured to accept payments up to the new limit and, from October, new bank cards will be issued to consumers. According to French bank card association Groupement des Cartes Bancaires, about 40% of consumers will have their new card with the €30 spending limit by the end of 2018.
- Wearable payments specialist Tappy opens NFCW Expo showcase
- UK charities leverage open banking to cut donation transaction costs
- Antelop Solutions opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klip digital wallet goes live in UAE
- Digital payments specialist Dejamobile opens showcase in the NFCW Expo
This article is more than three years old