The average size of donations made to a UK charity using contactless collection tins was more than three times larger than the average cash donation, The Telegraph reports. The NPSCC participated in a Barclaycard trial from September 2016 and found the average donation using contactless cards or devices at the terminals, which could accept cash or contactless payments, was £3.07. People who donated cash gave on average £1. Barclaycard says UK charities could be missing out on up to £82m (US$102m) by not accepting contactless donations.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts