The number of smartphone models incorporating biometric technology has more than doubled in the last year, a report by Acuity Market Intelligence says. Some 87 smartphone vendors introduced 346 biometric smartphones in the past year, bringing the total number introduced since 2013 to 549, more than double the 200 models Acuity reported a year ago. Nearly one billion biometric smartphones are currently in use, Acuity adds, representing 40% of the global smartphone market.
- Researchers unveil system that enables users to feel touch at a distance
- ST to host NFC for IoT commissioning webinar
- Number of credit cards issued via digital platforms to top 320m globally by 2027
- Researchers develop secure vibration-based authentication for visually impaired users to unlock their mobile device
- More than half of payments made with First National Bank cards in South Africa are now contactless
This article is more than six years old