Customers of Malaysia’s CIMB Bank can make host card emulation (HCE) mobile payments using CIMB Pay — a new service that supports Mastercard and Visa credit and debit cards. “It is also a comprehensive lifestyle app where you can search, discover and receive the latest, nearest and attractive deals that CIMB cards have to offer,” the bank says.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than four years old