Luxury hotel and casino Wynn Las Vegas will install Amazon’s Echo in all its 4,748 rooms by summer 2017. Guests will initially be able to control room lights, temperature, drapery and the television by talking to Alexa, the virtual assistant on the Echo device. As the project evolves, future features such as personal assistant functions will be introduced, the hotel says.
- Huawei Pay goes live in Italy
- Varla upgrades e-scooter security with NFC anti-theft system
- Helsinki Regional Transport to roll out validators that support both contactless and QR fare payments
- More than 160,000 stores worldwide will support contactless mobile self-scan shopping by 2027
- Global digital wallet spend to exceed US$12tn in 2026
This article is more than five years old