Luxury hotel and casino Wynn Las Vegas will install Amazon’s Echo in all its 4,748 rooms by summer 2017. Guests will initially be able to control room lights, temperature, drapery and the television by talking to Alexa, the virtual assistant on the Echo device. As the project evolves, future features such as personal assistant functions will be introduced, the hotel says.
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
- Polish mobile payments service lets users make NFC payments direct from bank account
- Swiss mobile payments provider to roll out cross-border payments in 2022
- Japanese university trials face payments for users wearing a mask
This article is more than four years old