Luxury hotel and casino Wynn Las Vegas will install Amazon’s Echo in all its 4,748 rooms by summer 2017. Guests will initially be able to control room lights, temperature, drapery and the television by talking to Alexa, the virtual assistant on the Echo device. As the project evolves, future features such as personal assistant functions will be introduced, the hotel says.
- ST explains how NFC tags with digital signatures can provide end-to-end protection against counterfeiting throughout the supply chain
- Atac brings contactless transit ticketing to Rome
- Starbucks launches NFC payment pens in Japan
- NXP unveils NFC, UWB and secure element chipset
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit