Vodafone India has unveiled Vodafone M-Pesa Pay, a digital payment solution allowing merchants to receive payments from customers using their M-Pesa wallet, bank account, or debit or credit card. Retailers need to download the Vodafone M-Pesa app and register for Vodafone M-Pesa Pay as a merchant to use the service. The move follows the withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes across the country.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot