Banco Santander in Spain is offering customers a 5% discount on items bought using Apple Pay until 15 January 2017. The offer applies to all transactions made under €500 (US$531), with the total amount discounted credited to customer accounts between 1 and 15 March. The bank’s customers have been able to register Mastercard debit or credit cards to Apple Pay since the mobile payment service launched in Spain earlier this month.
- UOB lets customers use its mobile banking app to link debit and credit cards to third-party apps
- PSCU reports 70% increase in US mobile debit card transactions
- Google Pay adds bill splitting, movie bookings and scratchcard rewards in Singapore
- Strong customer authentication requirements could cost European retailers €100bn in lost sales
- Edenred adds Apple Pay for UK prepaid cardholders
This article is more than three years old