Banco Santander in Spain is offering customers a 5% discount on items bought using Apple Pay until 15 January 2017. The offer applies to all transactions made under €500 (US$531), with the total amount discounted credited to customer accounts between 1 and 15 March. The bank’s customers have been able to register Mastercard debit or credit cards to Apple Pay since the mobile payment service launched in Spain earlier this month.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot