Apple has rejected the registration of the Samsung Pay Mini online payments app onto its app store, according to ET News. “Competition between Samsung and Apple has expanded towards markets for online payments, and Samsung has decided to focus on Android rather than providing its service through Apple devices,” the publication reports. The app was expected to go live in South Korea in June 2016. It is now expected to be introduced in January 2017.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot