Apple has rejected the registration of the Samsung Pay Mini online payments app onto its app store, according to ET News. “Competition between Samsung and Apple has expanded towards markets for online payments, and Samsung has decided to focus on Android rather than providing its service through Apple devices,” the publication reports. The app was expected to go live in South Korea in June 2016. It is now expected to be introduced in January 2017.
- Central bank launches digital currency in the Bahamas
- ExxonMobil to combine NFC and QR mobile payments at the pump
- BBVA begins global rollout of mobile-first credit cards
- Visa lets merchants in 15 countries accept contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Shenzhen residents spend nearly 9m digital yuan during CBDC pilot
This article is more than three years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday