Samsung Pay is to be launched in the UK in 2017, the company has confirmed to NFC World. It was expected the mobile payment service would go live in the UK in 2016, after Samsung Pay’s European head Nathalie Oestmann revealed a UK and Spain debut would be happening “very soon” during the company’s European Forum 2016 event in February.
- Apple Pay goes live in Armenia
- Apple Pay to launch in Argentina and Peru ‘soon’
- One in four consumers expect to switch to being cashless within two years
- China to let visiting athletes and spectators use digital yuan at Beijing Winter Olympics
- China launches digital currency app for Android and Apple users in 10 cities
This article is more than five years old