Prepaid card provider Blackhawk Network is to integrate gift cards, egifts, loyalty and rewards programs into Apple Pay. “The technology will enable Blackhawk to serve as a digital pass provider for merchants,” the company says. “Consumers have the option to store, manage and make payments with gift and loyalty cards using their Apple Wallet, and retailers have the resources needed to make improved digital connections with shoppers.”
- Card networks begin global Click to Pay rollout
- Apple Pay to add support for QR mobile payments in iOS 14?
- Orange Bank introduces mobile-first debit card in Spain
- US Bank lets companies instantly send a corporate card to employees’ mobile phones
- Nedbank to roll out support for contactless payments on standard NFC smartphones
This article is more than three years old