Android Pay users in the UK are receiving virtual Christmas rewards whenever they use the mobile payment service to pay in-store or on the Transport for London network. More than 100,000 gift cards can be won while, with each payment, users can collect virtual coins — five of which earn a £3 (US$3.82) Costa Coffee gift card, Google’s Pali Bhat writes. The Shop.Tap.Reward campaign runs until the end of 2016.
- Unspent stored value on Starbucks prepaid cards nears US$1.63bn
- Australian public hearing considers case for regulatory controls to ensure payment apps get access to smartphone NFC technology
- Estonia’s central bank tests blockchain-powered digital euro solution
- Oman to make it mandatory for all merchants to accept cashless payments
- Juniper forecasts contactless card transactions will total US$2.5tn globally in 2021
This article is more than four years old