Indian mobile payment provider Paytm has suspended a new feature in its mobile app two days after its launch, citing the need to “add additional certifications and features” before making it available again. App POS was launched to allow Paytm merchants to accept all debit and credit cards using their mobile phone. “We will re-launch this product as soon as we have updated the product,” Paytm writes in a blog post. App POS was unveiled in the wake of withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes.
- Antelop Solutions opens NFCW Expo showcase
- Klip digital wallet goes live in UAE
- Digital payments specialist Dejamobile opens showcase in the NFCW Expo
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
This article is more than three years old