Indian mobile payment provider Paytm has suspended a new feature in its mobile app two days after its launch, citing the need to “add additional certifications and features” before making it available again. App POS was launched to allow Paytm merchants to accept all debit and credit cards using their mobile phone. “We will re-launch this product as soon as we have updated the product,” Paytm writes in a blog post. App POS was unveiled in the wake of withdrawal of Rs 500 (US$7) and Rs 1,000 ($14) notes.
- Fidesmo Pay expands to Switzerland
- Mobile wallet transaction volumes overtake cash payments in stores
- National QR payments and rewards system to be launched in Australia
- Huawei Pay goes live in Pakistan
- Tencent and Ant to integrate digital yuan wallets into mobile banking apps
This article is more than four years old