UAE-based startup Smart Navigation Systems (SNS) is in talks with “several schools” in Abu Dhabi to begin piloting School Bus Application, a service that notifies parents of the safety of their children when travelling to school using Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons on buses. Parents can download the mobile app to receive distance-based updates from their children as well as track school bus routes. “Based on the feedback given, we are working on enhancements to add to the system and then it will be applied in schools,” development partner IT Craft told NFC World.
- Chinese banks launch mobile wallets that let customers transact in digital yuan
- American Airlines launches mobile health passport for passengers travelling to the USA
- Mastercard unveils enhanced contactless payment specifications
- ST launches NFC Type 5 tags with Augmented NDEF for dynamically updated information exchange at longer ranges
- BNP Paribas to offer biometric payment cards to premier card customers
This article is more than four years old