IBM has announced a blockchain project with Singapore fintech startup KYCK! to enable the financial services provider to create new customer accounts more quickly and securely. Using the open source Hyperledger Project Fabric, KYCK! intends to provide brokerages a platform with video conferencing and encrypted document submission capabilities. “We have seen how blockchain can improve operational efficiency, increase transparency and reduce transaction risks,” says Darryl Tan, co-founder of KYCK!.
- Google sets out its vision for the future of Google Pay
- Czech Republic to roll out mobile driving licences and digital IDs
- CTA launches open API standard to support radar-enabled contactless applications
- US Federal Reserve launches public consultation on digital dollar
- Public transport users in the Philippines get NFC top-up for contactless fare payment cards
This article is more than five years old