Customers of Slovakian bank Tatra Banka can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using their Android handsets. The MobilePay service, which makes use of tokenization, has been launched in partnership with Visa and is available to all customers with a Visa debit, credit, corporate or private card. Tatra Banka launched an NFC mobile payments service with Orange Slovakia and O2 in August 2013.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than four years old