A screenshot taken by a Reddit user of the Samsung Pay app suggests Canadian bank CIBC will be the launch partner for the mobile payment service when it becomes available in the country some time this year. “Sticktoit360 wasn’t able to verify whether the tap and pay functionality of Samsung Pay actually works in Canada because they’re a BMO customer,” Mobile Syrup reports. Reports that the service was expected to go live in Canada in early November emerged last month.
- Amazon expands pay by palm technology to Whole Foods Market store
- Apple lets US families build credit by sharing Apple Card accounts
- German savings banks roll out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
- UK Treasury and Bank of England launch CBDC taskforce to explore digital currency options
- Opera chooses Antelop to enable NFC digital card payments for Dify users
This article is more than four years old