A screenshot taken by a Reddit user of the Samsung Pay app suggests Canadian bank CIBC will be the launch partner for the mobile payment service when it becomes available in the country some time this year. “Sticktoit360 wasn’t able to verify whether the tap and pay functionality of Samsung Pay actually works in Canada because they’re a BMO customer,” Mobile Syrup reports. Reports that the service was expected to go live in Canada in early November emerged last month.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts