Samsung Pay could be launched in Canada “from the first week of November 2016”, Android Central reports. According to a Twitter user who posed the question to Samsung customer service team, their reply stated the mobile payments service would be available next week for customers with CIBC Visa cards. Samsung Pay boss Thomas Ko revealed plans for more aggressive international expansion of the service in an interview with NFC World at Money20/20 earlier this week.
- EU banks plot pan-European rival to Visa and Mastercard
- EU antitrust chief examines Apple Pay
- DressCode ships contactless payments shirts
- Mastercard partners with Tappy Technologies for wearable payments in Asia
- PayPal and Venmo to move into in-store payments ‘next year’