Samsung Pay could be launched in Canada “from the first week of November 2016”, Android Central reports. According to a Twitter user who posed the question to Samsung customer service team, their reply stated the mobile payments service would be available next week for customers with CIBC Visa cards. Samsung Pay boss Thomas Ko revealed plans for more aggressive international expansion of the service in an interview with NFC World at Money20/20 earlier this week.
- Most UK retailers say strong customer authentication is not a key concern for post-pandemic recovery
- Kazakhstan to pilot central bank digital currency
- German supermarket to trial anonymous checkout-free shopping
- Singapore university to pilot virtual commercial payment card
- Visa switches on Apple Pay support in Japan
This article is more than four years old