LG Electronics is working on an alternative to Samsung’s proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology for mobile payments, Android Authority reports. The technology is to be incorporated into LG’s next flagship smartphone, tentatively known as the LG G6. The electronics giant is having to invent its own technology from scratch to avoid patent disputes with Samsung, the report adds. LG was originally expected to launch its LG Pay service in September but is reported to have delayed the launch due to testing issues.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts