LG Electronics is working on an alternative to Samsung’s proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology for mobile payments, Android Authority reports. The technology is to be incorporated into LG’s next flagship smartphone, tentatively known as the LG G6. The electronics giant is having to invent its own technology from scratch to avoid patent disputes with Samsung, the report adds. LG was originally expected to launch its LG Pay service in September but is reported to have delayed the launch due to testing issues.
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
This article is more than four years old