LG Electronics is working on an alternative to Samsung’s proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology for mobile payments, Android Authority reports. The technology is to be incorporated into LG’s next flagship smartphone, tentatively known as the LG G6. The electronics giant is having to invent its own technology from scratch to avoid patent disputes with Samsung, the report adds. LG was originally expected to launch its LG Pay service in September but is reported to have delayed the launch due to testing issues.
- ECB survey reveals Europeans expect digital euro to be private, secure and easy to use
- Hong Kong and Macau to distribute stimulus payments to citizens’ digital wallets
- Emirates NBD rewards customers for adopting contactless payments
- Russia to create digital ruble prototype by December
- Fidesmo Pay launches in Russia
This article is more than four years old