India’s Yes Bank has partnered with Lastmile.mobi to develop a biometric point-of-sale terminal using iris scanning technology. The Iris EMV PoS integrates card payments with the Indian government’s Aadhaar identity project’s electronic know your own customer (E-KYC) and E-signing systems. Yes Bank senior president Ritesh Pai said the device “has multiple uses for both retail and corporate customers right from e-KYC verification and ATM functionalities to disbursal of small loans to merchants”.
- One in five Japanese consumers to make mobile payments in stores this year
- Juniper forecasts “dramatic growth” in in-vehicle payments for fuel, parking and ecommerce
- Google Pay rolls out tokenized NFC card payments in India
- Survey: Four in ten US and UK consumers ready to use QR codes for payments
- Antelop explains how it works as a trusted partner to banks looking to adopt the latest digital card technologies
This article is more than three years old