UK consumers using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform can now add their bank account to the app and make NFC mobile purchases at any contactless terminal. “Until now, UK customers have enjoyed the benefits of the Seqr prepaid account functionality — however, enabling customers to connect their bank account opens Seqr up to millions more customers who prefer direct payment over a prepaid option,” the company says. Seqr arrived in the UK in June 2014.
- China puts pressure on McDonald’s, Visa and Nike to accept digital yuan
- Schools in Scotland let students make contactless meal payments with their face
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
This article is more than five years old