Apple Pay is preparing to launch in New Zealand with support from ANZ Bank New Zealand. “The payment system will work with Visa credit and debit cards issued by ANZ,” Stuff reports. “A release date has not been announced, but it is expected to arrive before the end of the year.” The service is also expected to launch in Russia, according to AppleInsider. A start date has not yet been announced. Apple Pay will arrive in Japan with Sony FeliCa technology next month.
- JPMorgan begins digital currency test
- Russia launches public consultation on digital ruble
- India bans mobile payment providers from launching new proprietary QR codes
- Visa: Consumers have made an extra 500m touch-free payments in Europe since contactless limits were increased
- Walgreens lets customers pay with points at the POS
This article is more than four years old
Keep up to date: Get NFCW's headlines by email every Wednesday