Apple Pay is preparing to launch in New Zealand with support from ANZ Bank New Zealand. “The payment system will work with Visa credit and debit cards issued by ANZ,” Stuff reports. “A release date has not been announced, but it is expected to arrive before the end of the year.” The service is also expected to launch in Russia, according to AppleInsider. A start date has not yet been announced. Apple Pay will arrive in Japan with Sony FeliCa technology next month.
- Revolut lets customers pre-authenticate their contactless card as they approach the SCA transaction limit
- Accenture issues $280bn payments revenue warning to banks
- Monzo to use app notifications to address Strong Customer Authentication communications issues
- Apple expands 3% cashback network for Apple Card holders to Walgreens and Duane Reede stores
- PepsiCo unveils customer loyalty programme that delivers cashback rewards to PayPal and Venmo accounts