Apple Pay is preparing to launch in New Zealand with support from ANZ Bank New Zealand. “The payment system will work with Visa credit and debit cards issued by ANZ,” Stuff reports. “A release date has not been announced, but it is expected to arrive before the end of the year.” The service is also expected to launch in Russia, according to AppleInsider. A start date has not yet been announced. Apple Pay will arrive in Japan with Sony FeliCa technology next month.
- Consumers to get option to personalise their digital payment cards
- More than 90% of consumers worldwide will consider using digital payments in the next year, Mastercard predicts
- European banks invest €30m in EU rival to Visa and Mastercard
- Mastercard in talks with PBOC over support for cross-border digital yuan transactions
- Facebook relaunches WhatsApp peer to peer payments in Brazil
This article is more than four years old