Apple Pay is preparing to launch in New Zealand with support from ANZ Bank New Zealand. “The payment system will work with Visa credit and debit cards issued by ANZ,” Stuff reports. “A release date has not been announced, but it is expected to arrive before the end of the year.” The service is also expected to launch in Russia, according to AppleInsider. A start date has not yet been announced. Apple Pay will arrive in Japan with Sony FeliCa technology next month.
- Apple Pay users in the US to get buy now pay later option with iOS 16
- BIS reports on CBDCs in emerging markets
- Moroccan bank launches biometric payment card
- US digital bank introduces contactless payments rings
- Riksbank completes digital currency payments pilot