Android Pay will soon be available as a checkout option on mobile websites. “Users will soon be able to speed through mobile checkout on Chrome using Android Pay on sites like Groupon.com, 1-800-Flowers.com and many more to come,” Google writes. The service now also works for Chase members, following reports in August 2016 that the bank was planning to add Android Pay support. Google enhanced its APIs to take Android Pay to the web in May this year.
- Tesco opens its first checkout-free store in London
- Beijing offers public transport users discounts to encourage digital yuan fare payments
- Major banks, retailers and fintechs to support rollout of national QR payments and rewards system in Australia
- Circle K adds checkout-free shopping at US convenience stores
- Apple Pay goes live in Bahrain
This article is more than five years old