Android Pay will soon be available as a checkout option on mobile websites. “Users will soon be able to speed through mobile checkout on Chrome using Android Pay on sites like Groupon.com, 1-800-Flowers.com and many more to come,” Google writes. The service now also works for Chase members, following reports in August 2016 that the bank was planning to add Android Pay support. Google enhanced its APIs to take Android Pay to the web in May this year.
- Forecast: 1.4bn consumers will be using face recognition to authenticate payments by 2025
- Patent shows how Apple Pay could automatically select a card based on the user’s location
- Visa reports 1bn extra contactless transactions in Europe since payment limit rises
- More than 100m Americans to make an in-store mobile payment in 2021
- East Caribbean Central Bank launches digital currency
This article is more than four years old