Android Pay will soon be available as a checkout option on mobile websites. “Users will soon be able to speed through mobile checkout on Chrome using Android Pay on sites like Groupon.com, 1-800-Flowers.com and many more to come,” Google writes. The service now also works for Chase members, following reports in August 2016 that the bank was planning to add Android Pay support. Google enhanced its APIs to take Android Pay to the web in May this year.
- Mashreq Bank rolls out contactless payments on standard NFC phones
- Contactless payment and instant credit ecosystem rolls out in UAE
- Hyundai includes fingerprint payments sensor in new Genesis GV70 vehicles
- McKinsey and EBA identify threats to European banks’ payments revenues
- Payconiq rolls out cross-border QR mobile payments service in Europe
This article is more than four years old