Swedish consumers can now make NFC mobile payments using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform. “It is now possible to pay with Seqr in any store that supports the functionality in Sweden or abroad, even if a retailer has no private agreement with Seqr,” Seamless says. “Later in the autumn, Seamless’ Seqr contactless payment functionality is going to be released to users globally.” Seqr added support for NFC in April 2013 and host card emulation (HCE) support in October 2015.
- India requires banks to let cardholders opt in to contactless payments
- Huawei Pay expands to Pakistan
- One million Brits now use open banking
- Venmo adds branded animated emojis to payment messages
- Central banks set up digital currency group