US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- NFCW Expo online exhibition opens 21 September
- Vanquis leverages open banking to let credit-building customers pay off balances instantly
- Bahamas to roll out central bank digital currency nationwide
- Jacksonville Jaguars add QR payments to mobile ticketing app
- Titan and SBI pick Tappy wearable payments technology for India’s first contactless payment watches
- Malaysian bank rolls out contactless card acceptance on standard NFC phones
This article is more than four years old