US consumers are testing a new service that lets them send money through Facebook’s Messenger chat app. “The company confirmed it has added a new option in its flagship app’s main navigation titled Send or Request Money,” TechCrunch reports. “The feature will move Facebook users into Messenger in order to manage payments.” The service is only available in the US for “the time being”. Reports that Facebook is also looking at letting users make in-store payments through Messenger emerged in May 2016.
- Apple Pay goes live in Israel
- Aion Bank onboards personal and business customers via NFC
- Porsche lets owners in Australia find, access and pay for parking from their vehicle
- Chinese banks unveil CBDC hardware prototypes for multiple use cases
- Samsung Pay to add support for local currencies in South Korea
This article is more than four years old