Alipay is in negotiations to take a 25% stake in German payments technology provider Wirecard, according to German newspaper Bild. “At the talks, it comes to a share of up to 25%,” the publication reports. “Later, it could well be more.” Wirecard began rolling out support for Alipay mobile payments across Europe in December 2015 and worked with Alipay to add support for the service across Munich Airport earlier this month.
- Dejamobile white paper explains how software-only POS solutions will drive wider adoption of in-store contactless payments
- Antelop launches secure customer authentication SDK
- Mastercard adds NFC payments to virtual corporate cards
- UN reports on impact of Covid-19 on ecommerce payments in developing countries
- Mashreq Bank rolls out contactless payments on standard NFC phones
This article is more than four years old